Peter Hawkins (2011), a trailblazer on leadership team coaching, defines team coaching as a process of "enabling a team to function at more than the sum of its parts, by clarifying its mission and improving its external and internal relationships."
The mathematical equation that best represents the synergy of a successful team is: 1 + 1 > 2.
In most organizations, success rests on teamwork; it derives from how well teams work together with a commitment to positive outcomes. Team coaching improves productivity and accelerates performance while promoting the growth and wellbeing of individual team members.
As a team coach, I will work with you to...
< Back to Consulting Services
- Locate your team within the complex system of your organization;
- Build trust among team members and connect with their passion to achieve outstanding results;
- Set clear and challenging objectives aligned with your team's purpose and your organization's vision;
- Devise creative strategies to address challenges and remain focused on your goals;
- Understand and acquire the data and resources you need;
- Benefit from knowledge and practice that exists around the world to benchmark and measure your success;
- Establish group norms and behaviours that help the team get 'unstuck' and move forward productively;
- Call attention to team dynamics and patterns of interaction that detract from achieving the results you want;
- Tap into the collective wisdom of team members and harvest the diversity of opinions;
- Engage in collective decision-making processes rather than 'groupthink';
- Work through conflict in a way that empowers individual team players;
- Manage stakeholders' expectations;
- Foster continual learning and development.